- How can we reduce poverty around the world, and within the United States, especially in chronic inner-city poverty, without encouraging dependency? The solutions might be technical, but probably also involve plenty of political and sociological sciences.
- How can we more effectively distribute vaccines, clean water, and other health-promoting tools that are already available so that more people throughout the world can access them?
- How can we use new media, Internet, and other technology tools to reduce misconceptions and promote the true understanding of Christ's teachings?
- What can we do to promote, create, and utilize clean sources of energy so that our planet can be preserved? How can we refine recycling techniques to reduce costs and make the effort more profitable?
- What behaviors and foods, vitamins, and minerals can help us stay healthy, increase longevity?
- Various kinds of medical and chemical research into curing and vaccinating against all kinds of diseases.
- How can we more effectively enable rapid and deep learning among a variety of learning styles?
Many of these efforts are currently within reach, and we're making some real improvement in many areas, but are digressing in others. Many of these also have current and very real ethical implications--let's discuss and make progress on those issues.
Let's use our active faith to discuss and solve current problems that will change lives and accomplish God's work to improve the human condition.